1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The official beer of......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Negative on the pitchers. Keg beer seems to give me more of a headache. You're right on the crafts. You can have one or two of those at BWW with lunch, then grab a case of something else on the way home and be fine. Saw through a 12-pack of the Breakfast Stout from Founders on a Saturday, and you'll be praying for death.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’ll be waiting for their “Official Beer of Kidney Workouts” commercial.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Official Beer of Smoky and the Bandit VI

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The headline guys at a local sports talk station do a live read for some vodka and the tag lines are like "Official vodka for day drinking" and "Official vodka for double fisting."

I am not worried or very bothered. More surprised that a brand would market itself in that way.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The "going golfing" wording makes my skin crawl, but that's a good spot. I also try not to judge a guy's beer, especially if he's handing me a free one.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If I picked up anything from my trip to London, it was the British's ability to drink all day on lighter lagers, ales and stouts rather than getting pissed on the high alcohol stuff. They consider 5 percent to be a really heavy beer over there.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The rankings.

Free beer
    Cold beer
    A beer I haven't tried before
    Cheap beer
    Warm beer
    No beer

Give me two or three really good craft beers and I'm fine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Noticed the same thing in Ireland this summer. I really enjoyed a red ale made by a brewery in Dublin that was way better than any red ale made on this side of the pond. It was only 3.2 percent.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

MustNotPunchAllOfThoseAlcholicsInTheThroatMustNotPunchAllOfThoseAlcholicsInTheThroatMustNotPunchAllOfThoseAlcholicsInTheThroatMustNotPunchAllOfThoseAlcholicsInTheThroatMustNot

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ha! I forgot the TWINS! commercial. Good times

Draft saved Draft deleted