1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Robeson County should be solidly Democrat if people turn out to vote ... but it's Robeson County, so the only people who vote will be solidly Trump honks.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Looks like Mecklenburg County will be the last one after the latest ballot dump.

I can't imagine being a voter in an election that was so close last time, was expected to potentially be even closer on a recount and then still voter for the Libertarian or Green Party candidate

lakefront likes this.
  3. Driftwood

The parts of NC 9 in Mecklenbug County and Union County are probably heavily R. If the black, hispanic, and indian vote in Anson, Scotland, Robeson, Cumberland, and Bladen counties turn out, it should be a slam dunk.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The House should refuse to seat Bishop.

5. Driftwood

Because I'm an optimist:
    NC 9 even being in play is a positive. Even if the R wins by a narrow margin, who cares? It's one House seat. It doesn't matter.
    The implication is that NC's senate seat might be in play next year, and NC might be in play for its electoral votes.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Then the Dems are screwed.

Wrong county to count on anything from.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope it means that, because Bishop was instrumental in writing HB2, people are tired of the politics and realize how embarrassing that was for this state and humanity as a whole. At least in part ...

8. Driftwood

I don't know if it does or not. I can personally attest that much of eastern NC is hard core against any D candidate, and they hate Cooper as governor. I support hog farmers, but I also want our waterways to be clean.
    I've donated to Cal Cunningham, and sure hope he wins.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well so much for that

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not valid unless they used a Sharpie.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Turnout about 80k down from the mid-terms (but this was a "regular" voting election with city and county races also decided). Turnout is everything.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Democrats have to take that to court, don't they? Don't they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.