1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Love to see an SEC Breakfast Game Of The Week kickoff at 5:30 am.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Don't know about 5:30, but I think you would get a lot of teams to do a 8:30 EST kick. Transitions nicely straight into the noon kick.
    Just do a 2 hour GameDay from 6:30-8:30. (Make sure Corso's alarm clock doesn't go off. He's becoming/has been unwatchable.)
    Or still do the 8-11 GameDay, and put the Breakfast game on U or 2.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gameday in general has become unwatchable dreck.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a hideous schedule this weekend.
    I will be up til the weehours watching TT-AZ though.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m teeing off when my game starts and playing 18. I have enough to make me angry on the Trump thread.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm playing in a night golf tournament this Saturday.
    Tee off at 4pm. Play 9 holes. Done by 545-6. Go inside clubhouse. Supper, drinks, auction. Back out by 9. Play in the dark with the glow balls, pins......I played in it last year (AND WON). Your depth perception is all jacked up, but it is a lot of fun.
    I'll be drinking, playing golf, and watching TT-AZ in between shots (and shots).

Michael_ Gee and playthrough like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What an awesome idea for a tournament.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is the 4th or 5th year for it. It draws all types. Really is a blast.
    I'll attempt to take some pictures from it.
    Last year, didn't leave the course til after 2am.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have no reason to doubt him. Alabama could get away with playing a fully brutal schedule, losing a game or two without playoff repercussion. It's the middle-to-lousy Power 5 schools that want to play garbage schedules to try to become bowl (and bowl payout) eligible and have something to hang their hats on. Even though the athletic departments will often take a bath on the tickets that they are contractually obligated to buy, because fans and alumni don't want to travel to a mediocre game that was earned by beating directional schools.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The first step would be if the SEC played nine conference games. Then we can talk about other stuff. But that should be the first step.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sad truth is - it is those 6, 7 and 8th place teams getting to bowls that pay out $3mil each for a 6-6 team that make the SEC the conference it is - more than Alabama's greatness. Same with the Big 10. The Pac-12 and Big-12 have done a better job adding bowl games in their conference footprint, but most are still beyond driving distance.

Draft saved Draft deleted