1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They better break out the yellow sportcoats then.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I moved to Denver in 1968 and started watching Raiders-Broncos games from Oakland-Alameda County stadium that year. And last night was the last time. Damn.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a safe bet. Maybe with the Browns and Jets losing badly in Week 1, they'll jack up the nostalgia even more.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I swear I have heard "last home game for raiders......" in some form or another 50 times in the last few years.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I was in eighth grade and remember watching the first Monday night game in Denver. A couple weeks later I got invited to join Boy Scouts. When I expressed reservations that the meetings conflicted with MNF the kid who invited asked me what was more important, the development of my character or watching MNF. So I went to the meeting. After an hour of the meeting I excused myself to go to the bathroom and went home and watched the rest of the game.

I blame my failures in life on watching MNF and not developing my character by joining the Boy Scouts.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna and LanceyHoward like this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I like to look for unusual investment opportunities (I don't have a portfolio like @The Big Ragu , ha), so I recently put down a refundable deposit on Las Vegas Raiders season tickets. From 1,800 miles away. I figure if I could get in at a cheap(ish) level with little or no PSL, there could be money to be made given how that team will lure road fans like no other, plus presumably be a big draw locally at least for a while. And the new stadium's capacity will be on the small side for the NFL, about 65,000. Call me crazy.

misterbc likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And this week is the last go-round for Chiefs-Raiders in Oakland, another rivalry that goes back to the AFL.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That spread is so high that it's easy for me to see it going either way. Like, the Pats could just get up 21-0,and coast the rest of the game, and a late Miami TD means you lose. They've also lost to bad teams in the regular season before, and employed the "let's just do barely enough to win" strategy as well.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Thank god the Seahawks have won a title or else this week we'd be hearing Seattle fans whining that the officials stole their SB victory back in 2005. Who am I kidding, we'll still hear it.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You are going to do well with that.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sometimes the whining is just an accurate account of what happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted