1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They play the Giants at MetLife after playing the Jets there last Sunday. In other news, Pats are now 18.5 point favorites at Miami. I didn't copy and paste the whole schedule because I am lazy. I will leave that duty to more conscientious posters.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Pats might go off as 21-pt favorites. But Belichick likely won't run it up on a former assistant, so bet accordingly.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TTIUWOSchedule

amraeder likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mike Tanier of Bleacher Report had an interesting stat this morning. Since 2002, there have been only eight games with spreads of 18.5 or more. Five of them involved the 2007 Pats. Underdogs were 7-1 ATS.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
    BUCCANEERS AT PANTHERS
    SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH
    1:00 CARDINALS AT RAVENS
    1:00 COWBOYS AT REDSKINS
    1:00 COLTS AT TITANS
    1:00 SEAHAWKS AT STEELERS
    1:00 BILLS AT GIANTS
    1:00 49ERS AT BENGALS
    1:00 CHARGERS AT LIONS
    1:00 VIKINGS AT PACKERS
    1:00 JAGUARS AT TEXANS
    1:00 PATRIOTS AT DOLPHINS
    4:05 CHIEFS AT RAIDERS
    4:25 SAINTS AT RAMS
    4:25 BEARS AT BRONCOS
    8:20 EAGLES AT FALCONS
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH
    8:15 BROWNS AT JETS

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Redskins were friskier than I expected against Philly. That won't be a walk for Dallas.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still think back to when Dallas played at Washington at the old RFK. Cold late Sunday starts and Dallas had on the navy blue tops. Summerall/Madden with the call.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Sunday 1 p.m. start is really weird for that game. Still, it's a "rivalry" between two division teams that haven't been to a Super Bowl since the 90s, so I understand it falling down in the pecking order.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

With as many interesting NFC games this week - I'm surprised MNF is stuck with Jets-Browns. As I know it, NBC gets first pick, then CBS and Fox get to protect a game - then ESPN. So how do they leave the Seahawks-Steelers, Saints at Rams, Bears at Broncos, Vikings at Packers on the table? Im guessing Saints at Rams is the national FOX game, ok if you don't want the Broncos in back to back weeks - but Seahawks-Steelers and Vikings-Packers are both better matchups than Browns - Jets

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Can we not copy from the AARP sports section next time?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

New York City market, OBJ, Leveon. Browns coming into season as darlings of the league (haha). Not hard to see why they'd pick that game.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It's the 100th year of the NFL, 50th of MNF. The first MNF game, Sept. 21, 1970, was Browns v Jets. That's why they chose that.

Draft saved Draft deleted