1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL: The Chiefs march to the Super Bowl begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 3, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am breaking my own rule, but at least I have visual proof.
    I thought about calling my buddies who are in Vegas to get a halftime bet on the Raiders over. I am guessing the middle was in play. It was 14 total at half. Does anyone know what the halti.e total was? 42363.jpeg

MileHigh, exmediahack and playthrough like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem with Bill Cowher's use of Stewart was that he gave Slash so many opportunities to be a full-time quarterback. He did have one good season, but overall, he just wasn't a good enough passer. He also had no feel for the rush at all, so even though he was fast, he wasn't particularly good at eluding pass rushers.

I doubt Shula ever allowed Jensen to take snaps away from Dan Marino.

I remember a few others like that. Baron mentioned Guido Merkens, who played for the Saints in the '80s. The Steelers actually had some ideas about Mark Malone being used that way, but he only caught one pass in his career. It was a 90-yard touchdown. Given how bad he was as a quarterback, maybe they should have tried to throw to him more often.

Some guys do well with the full transition from quarterback to receiver. Julian Edelman is probably the best modern example. Antwaan Randel-El was another.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looks like it was 21.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Damn, could have middled it!
    But that would have involved calling my drunk buddies in vegas, have them find the correct number, and get it all down in less than 12 minutes.

The middle is my holy grail. I've yet to hit one.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've hit three of them so far this year. Hit LSU-Texas over the weekend. Had Texas +9.5 in the first quarter and then bought LSU at -3.5 fourth quarter. Just hitting ONE middle a weekend makes up for two bad weeks of handicapping.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hines Ward

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There's another good one. Randel-El came to mind first because he was a full-time quarterback in college, then a receiver in the pros. Ward played running back, quarterback and receiver at Georgia.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Cromwell was an exceedingly handsome man. There, I said it.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Come to where the flavor is. Come to Cromwell country.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The last time Indiana U football was really fun was when Randle-El was there. His older brother Curtis was pretty good too.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

OOP-
    I am of the mindset that if I want a coffee I buy a coffee, if I want a sweet tea I'll order that, and if I want a wide receiver I'll just draft a wide receiver.
    There is no logic in drafting Taysom Hill, calling him a Q and then throwing him out at wideout or tight end so fantasy dorks will think you're a genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted