1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 1 NFL: The Chiefs march to the Super Bowl begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Reporter: "Coach Fangio...How do you feel about the execution of your offense?"
    Fangio: "I'm all for it."

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Well after gifting three teams All-Pro talent and another a couple of mid-round draft picks, it looks like Jon Gruden finally has the Raiders squad he wants....

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

More than Burfict?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's probably a decent comparison, though Hill might be a be a better player than Jones. Then again, the Jags weren't taking snaps away from a quarterback who is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Burfict seems to be more of a peace-keeper.
    For now at least.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

OOP-
    I can think of others.
    Parcells had a woody for Ray Lucas, who once came in 'strategically' and threw a pick in a must-win game.
    There is the ultimate Swiss Army knife Kordell Stewart, who probably would have had a good career solely at receiver.
    Jim Jensen was drafted as a quarterback by Don Shula and became a special teams maven and clutch receiver.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No love for Guido Merkens?

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I had a sweet, SWEET middle all set up last night.

Under 53 to start.
    Bought Over 41.5 in the second quarter.

Texans +7 to start
    Saints -2.5 in the third.

At 24-21 (and even 27-21), I was in a great place to go 4-0 with two middles in one game (the holy grail of sports betting)... and went 2-2.

Was so pissed that I didn't even go Raiders +3 and Under 43. Went to bed instead.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Damn, that would have been great. Watching that evaporate with Joe Tessitore yelling at you is even worse.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Far as we know, though, Taysom Hill isn't snorting cocaine off a stripper's ass in a parked car.
    Point to Hill.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I had the sound off. Last year, I watched the Spanish version of MNF and picked up a few things.

playthrough likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People complain about Boog, but by far, Tess yelling at me is the biggest problem.

The Steve Levy/Louis Riddick booth would be fantastic. Greise didn't add or subtract anything for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted