1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

He'll get an Emmy for Barry.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Late Night was pretty enjoyable with a good cast. Amy Ryan is just so woefully underutilized. She's an incredible talent.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Speaking of Tarantino, heading to a Pulp Fiction showing on the big screen tonight.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Had never seen any of Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible films until last weekend. I'm pretty sure it was III, had Seymour-Hoffman in it. I liked it.

5. The Mule ...Maybe I wasn't in the mood, and I also HATE Diane Wiest, but I turned it off after 30-40 minutes.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Clint Eastwood is literally too old for this shit.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Peanut Butter Falcon; Shia LeBouf will win an Indie Spirit award; so good; great to see a little indie movie again. Dakota Johnson is easy to watch too.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Crawl. A college student tries to rescue her estranged father when he's trapped in their house during a hurricane on the Florida coast. Hard to say anything without spoiling the twists but a perfectly fine B-movie.

Good acting, good special effects. An otherwise great script somewhat spoiled by moments of clunky exposition when characters EXPOSTULATE their feelings. ("When you left Mom, you left us!")

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is expostulate like profligate?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mission Impossible II is supposedly the worst in the franchise, but it actually had a huge impact that had more to do with the many delays in the filming of it than the actual content of the movie. There were issues with the script, the director, Cruise's availability and injuries to both Cruise and Dougray Scott.

You could actually argue that those delays caused a major change to another movie, which in turn sparked a major change in movies over the past 20 years. Anybody know what I'm talking about on this one? I'll give you a hint. It relates to the explosion of movies based on comic books.

Liut likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Wasn't Dougray Scott supposed to be Wolverine?

Liut likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's it. He was cast as Wolverine in the first X-Men movie, but shooting went way over on Mission Impossible II, so they replaced Scott with Hugh Jackman. His performance as Wolverine helped make X-Men a hit, which helped open the door to more comic book movies, and eventually the MCU.

So you could argue that this entire explosion of comic book movies owes its beginning to the Mission Impossible II.

Liut and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted