1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The stuff they already own is one reason, but I'm going to want to see much of the original content. In addition to Loki, WandaVision and the animated What If? series, Marvel more recently announced She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight.

Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk Disney+ Series Get Logos

Throw in the Star Wars stuff and I can't resist.

2. outofplace

I think Birds of Prey could be fun, but tying the movie's first teaser trailer into another franchise seems like an odd choice to me.

3. outofplace

Spoiler alert of sorts.

The death of comic book characters, especially X-Men, once again means nothing because you know it won't stick.

I can go no further without spoiling the current issue of House of X, one of the two series relaunching X-Men comics.

4. Not a Harley Quinn fan.
    Can't stomach her orgin story ... She's a Ph.D psychologist, who turns bad girl and is automatically some kick-ass chick who can wield a hammer and baseball bat and fight?

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Dammit, now I'm having to resist going digging for spoilers about it.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Totally agree that was an odd lead-in.

7. outofplace

You shouldn't have to dig much. The issue came out Wednesday.

8. outofplace

I always assumed she had been building toward that moment of turning bad her entire life and had acquired some skills along the way, but wasn't able to unleash the worst of herself until the Joker brought it out in her.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Considering how many comic book pages I follow on Facebook, I'm kinda shocked I hadn't seen anything before today.

10. outofplace

That surprises me, too. It's all over the place.

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

#feminism. #girlpower

12. outofplace

There is a movement in that direction, but to be clear, the character has been around since 1992 and her origin was first told in 1994.

Draft saved Draft deleted