1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The milkshakes.
    Son of a bitch, the milkshakes.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The absolute best.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I think Jack got the milkshake recipe from Castle Rock because that's been the staple at the Memorial for years...
    Other must-taste Tour/major food:
    Fried chicken at the RSM Classic (Sea Island, Ga.) and the Masters.
    Of course the pimento cheese and egg salad at the Masters.
    Cookies at the Honda Classic
    Pizza and wine at the end of each day at Bay Hill.
    Smoothies at The Players (a recent addition to the list ... they finally found their niche item).
    Thread-jack at your leisure ... anyone else have any other favorite food at Tour stops?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is an excellent list. Smoothies at the Players is after my time, though.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So the Web.com tour is now the Korn Ferry Tour - weird name aside, Korn Ferry is a headhunter/management consultancy firm that has been used by colleges to hire coaches without their current place of employment finding out. Are there THAT many ADs/hiring executives watching Triple-A golf?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

PGA should move the Tour final to Labor Day weekend with the first round Friday and finishing up Monday afternoon. They'd probably get pretty good attendance and outside of Darlington and two CFB games at night - the days are open so the ratings would be decent.

expendable and maumann like this.
  7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand either but if the goal was name recognition, I'd say they've succeeded. But would also speculate that there will be yet another name for Triple-A golf once Korn Ferry's contract ends.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That makes too much sense to work.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The now-eliminated second playoff tournament was at TPC-Boston (actually 40 miles out of town) over Labor Day weekend on a Friday-Monday schedule. It was very popular.

Draft saved Draft deleted