1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muscle Cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 29, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was a Mustang guy for over 25 yrs, first a 68 coupe , then a ‘88 GT, 89GT conv, 66 conv (fully restored w dad) and finally a 01 GT conv. But sold last one 12 yrs ago.

Got a hankering for a toy conv w clutch now. Was thinking Stang with V8 for rumble. Just had a new 19 GT rental and boy was that fun. 460 HP. But after a couple of days, it almost felt like too much ( got me thinking. Maybe new V6 or turbo 4 is enough). Anyone have a muscle car and what are your thoughts? (Had a Dodge Challenger w HEMI in Nashville and while huge engine, like a boat compared to Stang)

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Isn't Ford getting out of the Mustang business?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My first year in college long ago I had a '72 Charger with a 383.

For the last 19 years, I've had a '98 Cobra convertible.

I'd rather have an extended cab Toyota Tacoma 4x4, which I had until a drunk fuckstick ran into it and totaled it one night seven or eight years ago. I loved that truck.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I drove a Dodge Challenger Hellcat not long ago. It thrilled me and scared the shit out of me at the same time.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The Ecoboost Mustang has 300-some hp and a sweet exhaust note, and you can hit 30 mpg if you keep your foot out of it. Highly recommend.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 Honda Odyssey and a 2012 Honda Civic.
    But my company car is a 2018 Toyota Prius that is super bad-@ss.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I thought it was the opposite, that Ford was going to stop making every sedan or coupe except the Mustang.

Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. swingline

The Mustang is the most accessible sports car for the buying public. From the six-cylinder version to the GT500, there's room for every price point. You can't really say that about Mopar and GM.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've always been a Mustang guy (owned an '89 notch back, '94 convertible and a 2005 fastback), but the Challenger Hellcat widebody is ridiculously cool and the new mid-engine Corvette is going to be the most affordable supercar the world has ever seen ("affordable" relative to other supercars, that is).

I love American muscle cars. I kind of want to get my hands on a salvage project and learn how to rebuild one. Of course, I don't have a garage, I'm not much of a mechanic and I don't know how to body work. But, other than that, I'm ready to go!

11. swingline

A friend in high school does car and truck restoration for a living. In HS he drive a ‘67 Mustang convertible his junior year and a ‘65 GTO convertible his senior year. I puked out of the GTO’s back seat one night. His dad looked at it the next day and said, “Looks like somebody had a good time last night.”

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without pics!

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted