1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

It was the red lot we were in. I saw Hootie in 1995 at the Michigan Festival. Most boring tedious show I’ve ever seen (except maybe REM that same summer or U2 on the Popmarr tour).

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Found a bloke on Facebook desperate to sell two tickets to tonight’s sold out Tyler Childers show in Brighton since he had to work, so I snagged the pair for £10. Will give the other away to someone who needs it. So pumped.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A friend of mine attended a Lynyrd Skynyrd farewell tour show - opening act was ZZ Top. I mean - what the hell? ZZ Top is in its 50th year. Has all of its original members and they are playing ahead of a glorified tribute band (w. respect to Gary Rossington). Shoot, I saw LS on their "reunion tour" in 87 and but they're still playing 90 percent of the their pre-crash stuff despite that being (now) only about 10 percent of their career.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

That is a sick stat. Amazing the band, with all its original members, is still together.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Saw Isbell and Sheryl Crow last night.

I’m biased, but her set of greatest hits (plus two songs from her new album) should have been the opener. Isbell just absolutely tore the place down with the 400 Unit.

Cosmo and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wanted to follow up on this. No idea that Brits were that into Americana/outlaw country stuff. The place was so packed you could hardly move, and the crowd was rowdy in all the right ways. One of the funnest shows I've ever attended. And now I'm obsessed with Childers' last two albums. Can't stop listening. The guy is seriously talented. He's playing D.C. in December and I'm absolutely going.

franticscribe and FileNotFound like this.
  7. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Rosanne Cash last night in Calgary at Jack Singer Hall, one of the best venues anywhere.
    Always had a crush on her, she’s a hell of an attractive woman with a unique voice and perspective, but never really knew much of her catalogue. Well, now I do and I’m better off for it. Her songs mean something. Not many artists can pull from her experiences and knowledge of the genres she works in and the histories of the areas that spawned them. Tight band with her husband, John Leventhal, doing great understated work on the guitar. Not surprising the crowd loved her and each song received v enthusiastic applause.
    She’s got the music in her.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That's not the tour she is doing singing her father's songs?

9. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

No. She’s touring in support of her new release “She Remembers Everything”. Oct 18-19, I believe, she’s playing the Johnny Cash Heritage Festival in Arkansas and those May be the shows to which you are referring. She also may have played Johnny at a show in Chicago recently. Her cover of “Ode to Billie Joe” last night was mesmerizing.

10. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

Best- Pearl Jam @ MSG, 2003. Building was shaking
    Worst - Bob Dylan @ PNC Bank Arts Center
    Last - Hootie and the Blowfish @ MSG. Surprisingly excellent show. Darius Rucker's voice has held up.
    Next - Bush & Live in Las Vegas to complete the 90s nostalgia trip.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Glen Hansard (Once, The Swell Season) at a smaller venue (1500-2000) on Friday night A lot of energy and enthusiasm, wife loves him. Enjoyable show.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saw Elian ELIAS, a Brazilian jazz singer pianist. Very fun, great energy and really engaging with crowd.

Draft saved Draft deleted