1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Not fully sure of the actual quote but I guess when Panarin was asked about returning to Columbus he said something to the extent of "I'd rather shit in my hands and clap."

Liut, Sea Bass and Vombatus like this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I heard the Blues weren't allowed into the "TALENT" room at the ESPYs last night because the security didn't know who they were. More of an ESPN problem with its lack of hockey presence than anything else.

Liut likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

More of ESPN no longer having an emphasis on sports.

Liut likes this.
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Anyone have a take on the Lucic/Neal trade? I realize Neal was a bust in Calgary, but is Lucic an upgrade? The guy's contract is a big burden and, man, is he slow.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Just 44 days ahead of training camp, Minnesota has fired GM Paul Fenton after one season.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Give me any of the Original 6 jerseys. Except the Rangers’, which I really don’t like.

When Jersey wears their red-and-greens, that one catches my eye. I also really like the Blues’ and Oilers’.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've always thought the Rangers' were OK. Of the expansion franchises I like the Flyers' as well as the Blues and Oilers'.
    PS: Bruins' with the spoked B ate excellent. The alternate one with the bear is terrible.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Sportsnet has apparently decided not to renew the contracts of Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

These are possibly/likely friends of Elliotte’s but I thought MacLean’s departure would have happened a while ago. He’s just not who young viewers want to watch IMO.

I’ll miss Kypreos, I found him entertaining.

Is John Shannon still on the network? I thought he’d have been gone long ago too.

misterbc and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted