1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olive Garden sells out Pasta For Life coupons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 15, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My wife feels the same way.

I just don't understand either of you. ;)

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

There's so many better Italian options out there -- but I would kill to have a frozen dinner of Olive Garden quality.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Olive Garden sucks moose cock. But some places there are no Italian restaurants, just like a Pizza Hut or Dominos
    is huge where there are no real pizzerias.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll freely admit OG's marinara is weak. But I'm more of a cream-sauce person, anyway. And I think their fettucine Alfredo is excellent. Like the lasagna roll-ups, too.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder what the actual ROI is on these passes - for the restaurant and the consumers.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I constantly scratch my head when tourists visit NYC and eat at chain places like Outback, Oliver Garden and Red Lobster. Why not eat something you can't get everywhere else?

And I'll never understand how Domino's Pizza makes any money in the city.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's non-transferable and doesn't include drinks. Even if you go enough times that you are "eating for free", OG is still ahead because of the drinks and other people you've brought along.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I thought that, too, until I went to NYC. Enjoyed MOMA, saw the Twin Towers memorial, etc., etc., etc. By the end of the day, I just needed a burger and a beer and some sleep. My hotel’s near Grand Central, so whatever has the shortest line with a moderately unscary price will do. I can imagine about 3,000 families a night making the same decision and about 400-500 ending up at Olive Garden.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We have 3 pizza joints on Main Street within 500 feet of each other, and Dominos is further down Main. The 3 locally owned pizza joints all make good pizza as well as subs and other really good menu stuffs. And yet ... Dominos probably outsells all 3 because it's fast(er) and cheap(er). It makes sense on one level but at the same time it says so much about the people of this (ever-depressing) town.

Draft saved Draft deleted