1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular places you have no desire to visit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

President Nixon's press secretary Ron Ziegler was once a Disneyland tour guide. Sorry, that's all I've got.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

See, I just can't vacation like that. I don't want my vacation planned out in 15-minute blocks. That sounds horrible.

HC and playthrough like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are two anomalies in LA traffic:
    The 10 west toward Santa Monica from downtown LA is almost *almost* wide open in afternoon rush hour. Damndest thing I see, and I am sitting in the traffic the other way.
    The only other is the 405 north from Long Beach towards Culver City at that same time.

You lucked out. Everything else sucks, almost all the time.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's like that on the outskirts. Coming to or from the IE, all the traffic leaves in the morning and comes back at night, so going opposite is usually pretty clear. To OC in the morning, 2 1/2 hours. To OC in the late afternoon, 90 minutes.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We’ll go back to Mickey World at some point in the next three years so our now 5-year-old can see it. After that, hell no.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Agree on Caribbean, absolutely love it.

Quite a bit to see off the resorts in the DR unless you are in Punta Cana. Cool stuff around Puerto Plata and Cabarete. Santo Domingo is a decent colonial city to sight see in.

Never felt unsafe there but the amount of armed guards can be disconcerting.

7. We were in Punta Cana. The resort is my all-time favorite. Would go back in minute. Would also love to see more of the DR.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

You're not missing anything. It's a dirty, smelly, run-down dump.

If anything, I say go see Wrigleyville and skip the park.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Ferguson, Missouri.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you went?

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wrigley is worth it just for the smokin' hot women in the bleachers. I haven't been to Dodger or Yankee stadiums, but I can't imagine there's better looking women than those at Wrigley.

Mary Hart excepted.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was there for tehe first time two weeks ago, certainly didn't think it was smelly or run down.

Draft saved Draft deleted