1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Texans and Jags already have them.

I have a feeling Jacksonville is going to have a great season. Foles career is fascinating to me. All he does is win and no one seems to want him.

2. Foles is a great back up/fill in. He seems to struggle when he is THE starter.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think he does certain things amazing on the field and certain things he just cannot do.

When a team or a coach tries to get him to do what he cannot, Mr. Fisher, he flops. When he can do what he excels in he wins Super Bowls.

He is amazing at reading defenses, throwing underneath in stride and throwing with confidence. It’s when he is asked to throw deeper he struggles.

We will see if the Jags play to his strengths. Honestly, he’s played as well as Brady at times. I will forget a lot of Super Bowl runs, but I will never forget how he played against New England.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Foles has also gotten hurt when in a full-time starter's role.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Chiefs are probably edging ahead of the Patriots at this point. Opponents will probably have to score a lot of points to stay in front of KC this season, because that’s starting to look like a Jim Kelly-era Bills offense.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was he not THE starter the year he had 29 tds and 3 ints?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, no. He was filling in for Carson Wentz.

8. poindexter

When you are Carson Wentz's backup, you are the de facto starter.

9. poindexter

Foles' 27/2 season (I wrote 29/3) was 2013. Wentz was still in college in 2013. But he might have been the fill in for Vick that year.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Cards realizing they get the T Tech 'defense' with Kingsbury as well as the offense.

I like Booger (more of an analyst than a personality type), but I'm fairly convinced Peyton will also be in the booth next year after Eli retires.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oh good god Booger is dreck.

"This is what preseason is for."

I heard it 4 times in a quarter.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No Witten means the broadcast is better. It's still lower than the Fox No. 4 team.

Draft saved Draft deleted