1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeffrey Epstein, dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Aug 10, 2019.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

OK, then. Makes things much better? And, it's punitive to Epstein, who is dead?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I know you don’t have a problem with pedophiles. Most people don’t see the problem with compensating the victims in such cases. It doesn't make up for what they went through, it never will, but it might provide some level of comfort. And most pedophiles and predators don’t die while awaiting trial, unfortunately.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well then, carry on. People seem to really enjoy it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s nice. Say it yourself instead of lazily posting Facebook randoms.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm incapable of formulating this thought on my own, so I stole it from Facebook:

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Nobody will want to admit this but the hit-and-run Twitter dumps are really what killed this site.
    More people on a message forum will care what you think rather than somebody on f'n social media.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

100% agree. It is like a plague.

OscarMadison, Patchen and Liut like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gee, wonder who started that. The nonstop linking to Tweets. It was rapid fire. Like he was under the influence of some drug, like caffeine.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Excuse you?

I wasn’t an active member of this site when the current software (with its social-media embedding) was adopted by the site’s current owner.

I can’t even see embedded tweets on this site because Safari blocks the third-party cookies that enable tweets (and also Facebook posts) to be displayed here.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He doesn't mean you. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted