1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

B1ED96D3-1B4D-4C4C-B22C-1CCCEE141A8F.jpeg

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Colts need to move on from Andrew Luck don't they?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. Why?

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

High ankle injury, according to ESPN and other sites. I think he was exaggerating a bit, but man, Luck does seem snake-bitten or brittle, depending on your point of view.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not saying totally give up on him - just start preparing for a future without him, as in draft his potential replacement.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Cowboys would do Luck for Dak in a heartbeat.

So would the Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers ( maybe), Broncos, Giants, Redskins, Eagles (maybe), Bucs, Bears, Lions, Saints (maybe), Cardinals, 49ers, Vikings... I’m sure I’m missing some.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I was going to say that I think you're overestimating his value... but then I looked at his line from 2018 again. His deal is up in 2022 - it's football, so that's easy enough to change, but it would make me leery if I had to do his contract after this one, unless he puts together a couple years of solid health.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

In his why your team sucks preview for the Vikings, Drew Magary wrote that the Vikings have the 6th highest franchise winning percentage and are the only team in the top-16 for winning percentage that hasn't won a Super Bowl. God that must suck to root for them.

(I don't know if the stats are accurate or there is some explanation for why it isn't quite so bad.)

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck is Matthew Stafford 2.0.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What in the holy hell?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The best stats I've seen from this year's WYTS:
    The dude whose dad was 60+ and a Lions fan, and he's seen one playoff win in his lifetime.

The Lions have never won the NFC North.

Draft saved Draft deleted