1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

"And after refunds, the IRS collected about $93 billion more from individual American taxpayers than it did in 2017. Interestingly, that number stands close to the tax break amount that corporations received from the TCJA in 2018. Last year, big businesses paid $91 billion less in taxes than they had in 2017, prior to the new law’s passage."

American taxpayers paid over $90 billion more under Trump tax law

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

HC-
    I have never seen a Godfather film.
    I remember George W. being slapped with the moniker.
    'Dim Son' - I can't recall the author of the GWB bio - was the title that made me laugh.

Chris Cuomo strikes me as dude who was wearing Affliction attire 15 years ago before he had to go out and get a 'real' job.

HC and Sea Bass like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Millennial Taliban too soft for jihad, Mullahs complain

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — As more and more young Afghans turn to television and social media, the Taliban’s leaders are worried its youth are no longer ready for the fight against the infidels.

“They literally can’t even jihad,” said one senior Taliban mullah, who is involved in recruiting and training. “The youth today are happy to like our social media but when we invite them to become martyrs they do not reply to our messages.”

“We have a saying in Pashto: Be peaceful in the cities and violent in the mountains,” continued the mullah. “Today the youth only come to the mountains to take Instagram pictures to try to become ‘influencers.’ They are posers in the mountains.”

“Oh, are you looking off into the distance? We get it, Hamid. The mountains make you think deep thoughts!”

Others senior Taliban worry that today’s Afghan youth are physically unprepared for jihad. Senior Taliban leaders who grew up fighting the Soviet Union endured starvation and hardship as youth. But as American aid and urbanized life have transformed the country, standards of living have climbed, and waistlines have grown.

“At least 70 percent of the teenagers we recruit are now too fat to fit in a standard Pakistani suicide vest,” complained a senior Haqqani network leader, who organizes attacks for the Taliban. “This has some benefits as we can now pack more bombs on a single attacker. But it is so disgusting to train them.”

“Also they require a lot more hashish and poppy for encouragement.”

“Today’s youth barely want to blow themselves up anymore,” complained another Taliban leader. “The really hard ones have gone off and join Islamic State’s Khorasan branch.”

“We are left with the floppy naan of jihad.”

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Out of his mind.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

It's really what all of this is about - his daddy never gave him love, no one ever gave the fucker an Emmy, and he was a film school reject

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Next, he'll move onto the NFL, since he was repeatedly denied admission to its owners' club.

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

CNN has way too many "LOOK AT ME!" types. As much crud as they got for hiring the former host of "The Mole" - Anderson Cooper is the best broadcaster and newsperson there.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

When I was a lad we had the 'Scud Stud' on CNN - he was showy but he was also out gathering news, risking life and limb to do it.
    In the old days of CNN the reporters were the stars, as the good Lord in his infinite wisdom intended for it to be.
    Now we are presented Chris Cillizza as on-air 'talent'.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Deadly sin alert:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.