1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Facebook suicide note

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Aug 13, 2019.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This was terrible, and wild, and unconscionable.

A man shot his estranged wife outside a Harrisburg theater Monday night, then turned the gun on himself. Nine minutes before, he wrote what must be considered a suicide note on Facebook.

Estranged couple identified after murder-suicide in movie theater parking lot

Can't load the SDK for Facebook, but if you want to see the suicide note, the URL is in the comments to the story.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What a sicko. Blames her for everything...including leaving his past family behind to have an affair with her. Real manly.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m with CD...he abandoned his family for an affair.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So many thoughts. All of them seem insensitive, so perhaps I should just keep them inside.

5. Justin_Rice

A little bit this, but moreso: Why you gotta kill her? You managed to leave Wife No. 1? Can't seem to leave Wife No. 2?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like Wife No. 2 really broke him down -- socially, physically, psychologically. No excuse for what happened, but ...

7. Justin_Rice

She better have been Ms. Whitman-level hot and a smoke show under the sheets to put up with that level of crazy ... if everything he said was true.

Draft saved Draft deleted