1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just call him Dave "Pinkerton" Portnoy LOL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Somewhat but there are a lot of good career people there and not even this board would like that kosher.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Um, what? I don't know what the last part of your sentence means.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What I am trying to say is that regional directors have not turned over like other political appointees, so there is decent change that they will be inclined to bring a ULP complaint and that an ALJ will find that a violation was committed. At that point, any appeals of the ALJ's order (called exceptions) would go to the full board, which now is majority anti-union. However, even this board would find that those statements by Portnoy would violate 8(a)(1) rights.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nice virtue signaling. I hope a few dozen labor lawyers are filing suit as we sit here.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's not virtue signaling. He's signaling his mouth-breathing, basement dwelling bro customer base to flame any and all brastool employees and harass them into acquiescence.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Portnoy has easily the most punchable, kickable, slapable, wouldn't piss on if it was on fire face in the world.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'd rather listen to an audiobook of Trump's tweets narrated by the Donald himself than read through the ol' Twitter timeline today of writers screaming at Barstool and/or debating labor law with Portnoy or trying to dunk on him, followed by Stoolies screaming at the writers and then the writers dunking on those folks. Give me a weekly newspaper sports guy live-tweeting an American Legion playoff game pitch by pitch over that.

I love unions (standard disclaimer) but journalists-tweeting-about-their-unions and their calls out to their "comrades" is among the most mind-numbing Twitter out there, which is saying something.

Speaking of digital media and unions, will be interesting to see how long it takes before this comes up with The Athletic.

cake in the rain likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Okay, then. The text from a former co-worker saying, "Guess what! We didn't work for the biggest jackass in sports after all!" makes sense now.
    I hope someone takes the grownup role and does what needs to be done for those writers.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He probably pays them in Bud Ice and dick pics.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The literal definition of a-hole might be a guy who threatens his own employees via Twitter.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bud Ice Lite and dogs licking their dicks pics.

Draft saved Draft deleted