1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Griffey got injured and lost there better part of each of 4 seasons from Age 31-34. Part of baseball. DiMaggio and Williams and Mays lost time in the military.

As an aside without the Military, Ted Williams is no worse than the 4th greatest baseball player of all time.

maumann likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I lost a bet made back in the '90s with another Herald writer that Frank Thomas would have more career homers than Griffey. Figured Griffey's injury problems would persist and be career-shortening. Wrong again.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

True. And if Harper will to get to that equaling total, he would average 34 homers for 13 years. Anything could happen between now and then

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is it time for the Phillies to make a change in the dugout? Underachieving, right? I'm not an NL guy, but looks to me that the Walgreens should be under more pressure than they are. Life in the NL East is pretty good living.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I am loving the 2019 version of the Miracle Mets. Michael Conforto with his first career walkoff hit.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve been hurt too many times to fully buy in but this has been a helluva fun story.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The scariest few minutes of my life was when police surrounded my car and pulled me over with guns drawn because there had just been a bank robbery back from the direction I was driving. The next scariest was that the asked to look in the trunk and I let them. I was driving my brother’s car and had no idea what was in there. (And he was what I used to call a “hippie pothead”). But there was nothing bad in there.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As just a baseball fan, I love the Mets story. Too many times we are told about how things will go according to form; the Mets should trade Sydergaard and what are they doing trading for Strommer?? “They’re Idiots!” Love it. Maybe they’ll do like the 2007 Rockies and smoke everyone down the stretch?

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted