1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MORE shootings ... this time in El Paso and Dayton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think we know who Yankee Fan is now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The makeup of the hospital staff crowd does appear remarkably pasty-white and Slavic-looking.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of course they are.

That's our genius!

That's my point.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Paid actresses from Slovenian model agency.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

For the record, I've fired this bad boy, too.

[​IMG]

But sadly, it wasn't any different than pushing a button on your local ATM.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did you hit what you were shooting at?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I think so, if I remember correctly. I was actually below decks. It was a drone or something. Of course, "I" didn't hit or miss anything. It's whatever the radar guidance did.

9. Starman

Others remark on the curious look of the pictures:

El Paso victims refuse to meet with Trump after he turns Dayton visit into a campaign stop

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Slavs sent their best people.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

First of all, Trump was wrong not to wait until the victims were out of the hospital to try to meet with them. If they were shot a couple days ago and still in critical condition, as some were, it isn't surprising that these people would not have wanted to meet with him, even if they did meet with other, local city/county officials. I think it's telling that the victims he did meet with had been released out of the hospital.

That said, I don't get all these people refusing to meet with Trump when they were given a chance to do so, as if that's making some kind of statement that Trump's going to pay any attention to at all. I mean, I understand that it's the principle of the thing to them (I guess). But, really, it's more a case of cutting off their noses to spite their own faces, and the President probably just walked away going, 'You don't want to meet with me? OK, fine. See ya.'

What they should've done was taken their golden opportunity to lay into Trump, to tell it like it is for them, to put Trump in his place, to rip him a new one, to tell him what they/we need, to present any real thoughts and ideas they had for solutions to racism, gun violence and whatever else they had a chance to broach with him, etc.

12. Starman

That's why no outside media was allowed. If anybody said anything to Fatfuck other than to slurp his balls, you'd never hear about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted