1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MORE shootings ... this time in El Paso and Dayton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'd have guessed the reverse, that you'd fired everything but the .50.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The pyrodex pellets made it so much easier. They also improved the accuracy and range so much that muzzleloader season lost a lot of its appeal to me. I keep thinking about pulling out my old Hawken-style with iron sights - but then I remember how much of a pain it was to clean.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

What guitar and what did said guitar get swapped for?

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It was a Martin electric acoustic. I don't remember what model other than it was black and cutaway. We're talking 20 plus years ago maybe. I'm sure it wasn't super high end. It was one of I think 5 guitars I've owned and never could play. I finally gave up.

5. Driftwood

Yeah, I mainly keep mine because I built it from a kit. The muzzleloaders that look like modern weapons don't interest me.

6. Driftwood

Oh, and I don't remember what I traded it for. I know it wasn't another guitar. It was probably something I've traded away for something else down the line.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You cannot be serious. "Real-time'? 'Psych profile' like it's an MRI? The government having access to people's 'psych profile'? Good lord.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why not?

Should we just keep selling guns to crazy people?

Taking an MMPI as part of the purchase process and having it evaluated - maybe doing so blind, with only a randomized number attached to the account - is a lot less fraught than demanding access to people's medical/psychiatric histories.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing can stop that now. Be careful.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We're giving our most private information away already.

If you use Gmail or Alexa or Siri, or have a smartphone or a smart TV, you're already sharing huge amounts of personal data with corporations and advertisers - and the government.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I am not giving it to the government and I don't have to give anything up to receive something to which I have a constitutional right.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any time you send an email, IM, text message, make a message board post, containing the word "Trump" and any of several dozen keywords ranging from gently satirical to openly mortally threatening, little bells go jingle jingle next to your name somewhere on the intertubes. And they're keeping score. At some point, if they can get away with it, they're coming.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hi...mayo-disappeared-children-dirty-war-argentina

Draft saved Draft deleted