1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

On Sunday night, the missus and I saw the Arkells, a great, young Canadiuan band that sells out arenas and sheds here in Canuckistan in a small club in Dublin. Great live band, tremendous show in a venue full of Canucks.

Up next: KISS next month

HC likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You gonna rock and roll all night and party every day?

Huggy likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    TODAY IS THE DAY

X-Hack likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

May go see Guster tonight if I get done with work when I'm supposed to.

Definitely going to see the Flaming Lips on Tuesday. The last show I saw of theirs was incredible. Just great energy.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Probably going to see Thunderpussy tonight.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Are Dead and Company worth listening to? Have they produced anything better than I can hear on YouTube or Internet Archive?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I enjoy them. Mayer is pretty damn good. Oteil is too.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Flaming Lips the other night in Charlottesville ... show a little truncated because of a noise ordinance and the Lennon Claypool Delirium went on a little longer than expected. Still, Wayne rode right past me on the unicorn and gave me a high five, so that was fun.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I saw them the day you posted that (Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA). Still in awe 8 days later. They are still at the top of their game. What a show!

10. DanielSimpsonDay

Sheeeeit. If'n I'd known, I'd ask you to tailgate if you were so inclined. Didn't get there until 7:00 (495 was a shitshow), had some grub and Trooper Ale during The Raven Age, and THEN IT WAS TIME.

They were phenomenal. I want to be old like Bruce Dickinson one day. What energy.

X-Hack likes this.
  11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

We were in the lot by 530 for tailgating. Well worth splitting the $50 4 ways to park in the VIP lot - got right out afterwards and was home in 50 minutes.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

No shit? I was in the Premier (red) lot. Didn't know they sold VIP seperately. We usually get there when the lot opens but one of the gang had a meeting that ran until 4:30 and we were proper fucked by that point. 2.5 hours, man. That was all forgotten by the time Where Eagles Dare fired up, though.

Saw Hootie and The Blowfish w/ Barenaked Ladies the next night to keep the peace at home. BNL were terrific. Hootie provided a disposable experience. Terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted