1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I listened to it as well. I went through a citizen's police academy and they do a "shoot/don't shoot" simulation. You are trained to shoot until a person is down. If there are three cops on the scene, they'll all shoot as they are trained - center mass. So the number of shots fired - while getting a lot of attention - is somewhat meaningless.
    I don't know what the solution is to mental cases though. Should families have the ability to "flag" a relative who may be suicidal or off their meds to better inform the police if an incident arises? A cop out here was shot by a schitzophrenic teen and put in a wheelchair dying about 10 years later. And really, while someone having a mental condition helps explain why these things happen, it doesn't lessen the danger at all - probably makes it higher, since the "suspect" may wish to harm him or herself, others, police or have police shoot them and there is no way to ascertain that.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That one actually passes the smell test. If it's graphic and explosive the threat of tainting the jury pool is very real.

Unless it does not show up at trial.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they’re that stupid. At least those two are.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Weird. I shop in Ross Township all the time. Plus it has one of the few Chick-fil-A locations in the area.

11. DanOregon

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted