1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be horrible. It's not 50-something vs. 50-something like Undertaker in Saudi Arabia.

I bet it'll be short, and if anybody can flop around like a fish, it's Dolph.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I guess. I just dont know what the point is. Zigglers 1/2 comedian these days, building towards nothing. Goldberg on his best day sucked. What does anyone need this match for?

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of optimistic on the fact that you could use it to build Dolph back up a bit. Like, the guy can work - that's never been in question. Let him show off that skill against a guy that doesn't really have that reputation, but that'll still drew a crowd as a novelty. (Of course, for this to work, they have to give them at least 10 minutes, and Dolph either has to go over, or, not look like a chump. Unclear if that'll happen.)

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is Goldberg capable of having an entertaining 10-minute match? Was he capable of it even in his prime?
    Obviously Michaels and Miz will get their moments in this one, too. I see Dolph as the pinata, where he eats a superkick from HBK, a Skull Crushing Finale from Miz, and then the spear/jackhammer from Goldberg to end it.

5. JimmyHoward33

This is better than all the interviews they put on TV. The name blows but these guys rule

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Part 3 finally.

7. nietsroob17

Can't wait to see his return. If they keep it a surprise, the roof will explode at Full Sail or one of the Takeovers in the smart cities.

Thing is, they almost have to bring him back as a face, at least initially, even though he may have been one of, if not the best, heels on the entire WWE payroll.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

If I was them I’d consider keeping the title on Cole until Ciampa is ready to take it back.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

His match with DDP went about 15 minutes and was very entertaining, but that’s about it.

His WM match with Lesnar was entertaining, but went just 5 minutes.

Thing is, he used to be able to do a couple other moves to mix in. Problem is, he’s not good at selling, so it’s not like a technical heel could do a bunch of moves around his 2 moves of doom.

10. JimmyHoward33

Shinsuke Nakamura, huge Arianna Grande fan. Who knew?

11. JimmyHoward33

12. nietsroob17

Draft saved Draft deleted