1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Watch Brown's offensive lines in the games.
    They're getting their shit pushed in, in both seasons.
    He does nothing about it. He just screams his head off on the sideline.

I have read from people who covered the team that Buddy could coach, draw up a gameplan, see around corners, outscheme.
    I saw no evidence of that in the show, either.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Brown is a good recruiter.
    Brown couldn't coach his way out of a paper sack.

3. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

What exactly did Malik do to get run out of the program again? It's not really clear why he got cut. He says its because they came to an agreement that the line couldn't block for him. But that seems like a weird reason to cut someone.

Also, how does the white guy get back in as the starting quarterback the very week after Brown told Jay and the guy with dreads that they were the QBs battling for the rest of the season? What sort of wishy washy shit is that? You can't pull that crap with your QBs in junior high, let alone junior college.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And people wonder why the team fell apart.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

That is pretty much what I wrote and put a "spoilers" tag on it. He tried to play four QBs in the same game.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

Henry is not just a coach-killer but a team-killer, and that's why he's been run out of a few programs.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t Brown a quarterback?

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yes. I think the WR killed the team more this year than anything.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Henry started the second half, then got pulled after the first drive and never came back. The other three QBs played entirely in the second half, getting a drive or two before getting pulled.

From the Fort Scott Tribune's account of the game:
    PASSING: Fort Scott — See 19-33-0-276. Independence — Henry 13-27-3-121, J.Jones 2-3-0-minus 1, Wright 0-2-0-0, Hildreth 1-6-0-16.

It was the first time Fort Scott had shut out a conference opponent in nearly 10 years. The following week, two Garden City running backs gained over 200 yards against Fort Scott's defense, which had zero All-Conference selections.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

He's self destructive more than anything. He was suspended and assigned to rehab at FSU for recreational drugs and eventually transferred out. He went to ICC and now Nevada. I wouldn't say he's a team killer.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

HappyCurmudgeon-
    The top receiver (Markiese) said on the show that Malik was a cancer.
    Brown runs film where Malik is clearly shying away from the blitz.
    Would you want this guy leading your team?

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I only just finished the Garden City episode, but the music in that one was fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted