1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jonah Keri arrested for alleged spousal abuse

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jul 19, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If only he could get those big stories that players are going to take it one game st a time and give 110%.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

*wanking motion*

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wank away. It really wasn’t your thing either.

4. typefitter

Every time some moron—this time it's you, Mr. Never Done It—denigrates the value of access, of the men and women who actually go and report on the human beings who play baseball, I point them to a story like this one...

BASEBALL 2000 PREVIEW; Rivera Tops in Broken Bats and Broken Hearts

...which is both fabulous and could have been written only by a diligent beat reporter, watching the actual games, talking to the actual players.

There's room for analytics and the human element in reporting on baseball. The idea that it should be one or the other is asinine.

But speaking of analytics, let's take a statistical survey of how many people like you across two boards: 0. You're 0-for. This time the numbers really do speak for themselves. I don't need to meet you to know you're a twat.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You might be the most sensitive douchebag here. You just constantly need you poor little ego stroked.

Where did I say there was no value?

6. typefitter

Buddy, trust me when I say, I used to care what people on here thought of me, way too much. Today I couldn't give less of a shit. Besides, this has nothing to do with me. It's about your dumb idea that Jonah Keri, or whomever else, could be an effective baseball columnist or beat writer without going to the ballpark. That's pretty obviously what you meant. And if it's not what you meant, then you need to learn how to use words better.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Jay Marriotti wonders what all the fuss is about. If he’s still alive, that is. In a just world, he’s alive but in agonizing pain.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

It's been my opinion that Jonah is wildly overrated as a writer. Every one of his articles reads like a transcribed Baseball-Reference page.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I liked his books on the Rays and especially the Expos, but neither one stayed on my bookshelf like "Loose Balls" or "Moneyball."

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Impossible to know but worth chewing on ... does Raines get in the HOF if this happened a year or two before the Yes vote?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Interesting. It's hard to think it wouldn't affect the vote. After all, sportswriters aren't good at nuance..

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted