1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm with ex on the fast forwarding through the stories.
    Don't need the Henry back story or Bobby's story.
    Nope. Gimme the game stuff.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

See, to me, it’s worth getting to know the stories because the pay off of one happy ending.

I’m through four episodes and Malik might be figuring it out. God, he’s complicated.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Without the backstory how do we know to hate Malik’s dad last year?

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I have to rewatch it, but I have a deep hatred for Malik’s dad and I can’t remember why.

It’s there, though.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I watched the whole backstories for EMCC. Watched the entire episodes for Indy but it took some doing because I found fewer interesting characters off the field. Gave it one full episode for season 4 but found myself bored quickly.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Henry is depressed and might even be a borderline.
    Whatever his deal is he doesn't need to be playing football for a freakshow like Jason Brown.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Malik Henry has a litany of problems, he's had some self-medicating issues as well. I'm hoping he's past that point in his life at least.

As a betting guy though...Nevada is a curious team to me this season and mostly because I think he'll figure out a way to be QB1 there.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Finished it. Glad it's over. It's tiring trying figure out what they're saying. You know it's bad when they have subtitles and the people are speaking English.
    Anybody know if they're going to film some team this season?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Haven’t started yet and not sure I want to. Season 1 was brilliant - poignant, angry, hilarious, all the things JUCO football can be. Season 4 just looks like a shitshow.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The show hasn't been renewed.
    I'm not sure where it can go narratively from this point.
    I think if it does come back they ought to get out of the sticks and try California.
    Electrons behave differently when observed. Would Buddy be less of an asshole without cameras around? Who really knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted