1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Arby's having problems...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 28, 2019.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Unknown.jpeg

Chef2 and Donny in his element like this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If mayonnaise didn't exist, Horsey sauce would be the best condiment.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    “Pardon me, sir, but have you no Grey Poupon?”

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

There’s a Lion’s Choice off I-70 in St. Charles, Mo. I always wanted to eat there but never did.

Arby’s does bad things to my stomach, so I haven’t been in more than a decade. I have not been to a Hardee’s since 1995, when I had three terrible meals in three different states and said no more.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My college roommate insisted it stands for America's Roast Beef, Yes Sir. No idea if that's true.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Entirely possible. Think I picked my “fact” up off Reddit and it sounded too good to not too believe.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Google (and in turn Arby’s itself) says it IS R.B.’s, but named after the founding Raffel Brothers. The roast beef was just a coincidence, I guess?

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks for that tidbit. Had no idea, and now I’ll never forget that. Neat!

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Arby’s Sauce on the sandwich; Horsey Sauce for dipping. And potato cakes.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Another vote for Lion's Choice. I wish it would expand just a bit further to me in Indiana, it's not like the food is so super-regional that it wouldn't travel. But I guess they don't want to go where people just think Arby's for roast beef.

When my girlfriend (now wife) and I were first living together in middle-of-nowhere Florida, our guilty pleasure was fried chicken from the local Hardee's. They made a good bird, far better than KFC for my money.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I had never heard of Lions Choice until 3 minutes ago.
    I got on their website and saw that glorious roast beef sandwich.
    Must.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'd love to love Lion's Choice, but have been to various locations about a half-dozen times, and the only time it wasn't horrible was when it was slathered with cheese and drenched in au jus. I'd rather eat (fake) roast beef from Arby's than the Lion's Choice (real) roast beef.

But … I do love their seasoning, and really love the fact that they sell their seasoning in a bottle now.

Draft saved Draft deleted