1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Couldn't he change his residence to Florida to circumvent that?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, actually since Fuckboy ain't winning New York's electoral votes in any case, they'd probably say, "fuck it, who cares," but if some worrywart stickler got their panties in a wringer about it, they'd just have Ivanky (or maybe Fuckboy) change her legal address to New Jersey or Florida (or any other state they found advantageous for taxes or any other reason).

In fact, it's kind of amazing both haven't changed their legal residences to Florida long ago, to evade state income taxes, unless you work on the presumption they don't pay any taxes to anybody, regardless of where they live.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  4. tapintoamerica

Guess he has given up on the combover or hairpiece look.

5. Neutral Corner

And the spray on hair.

6. tapintoamerica

Forgot about that one.

7. Starman

Certainly since taking office in 2017, Fuckboy has spent much more time physically in Florida (NJ as well) than New York.

I'm not sure but I think Nixon changed his legal residence during his term. I think Clinton became an official resident of NY immediately upon leaving office. Pretty sure Gerald Ford decamped from Michigan to California when he left office, too.

Of course none of that particularly matters because none of the ex-presidents sought any elective office, although I do remember there were some paperwork hoops Hillary needed to jump through to establish legal residency in NY in time to run for the Senate in 2000 even though clearly she had physically spent little time there. I think her Dem primary opponents as well as her GOP general election foe, whoever the hell that was, challenged it on every possible legal grounds, so one way or the other, the ole bag filled all the residency checklists.

Anyway, the same- state prohibition of candidates on the same ticket is pretty much irrelevant when both candidates are independently wealthy enough they could establish new residences in any state any time they felt like it, and really irrelevant if the candidates in question can write off the electoral votes of their home state, as Fuckboy and the Pretty Princess can.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  8. Neutral Corner

I suspect that he caught enough ridicule over it that he'll never attempt that again.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just a quick Google search. Take it for what it is.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Hillary-Clinton-earn-her-Senate-seat-having-never-lived-in-New-York

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Starman

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

There have been other issues lately. McCain born in Panama. Cruz. I'm sure there will be more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.