1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I noticed that, too. I still thought the video was interesting, but that part was definitely annoying.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I really am enjoying Discovery and now I can't wait for Picard. Trailer already has me hooked

3. outofplace

Natalie Portman to Star as Female Thor, Scarlett Johansson Confirms Standalone Black Widow Film

There were a few MCU announcements at the San Diego Comic-Con, including Natalie Portman returning to the role of Jane Foster, this time as the female Thor in Thor: Love and Thunder, which is set for release Nov. 4, 2021. Portman even showed up carrying a Mjolnir prop. Foster became Thor in the comics for a while starting in 2014.

Scarlett Witch will also appear in the Dr. Strange sequel, Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, due out May 7, 2021.

4. outofplace

And now I'm really pissed that this is only going to air on CBS All-Access.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was my attitude when Discovery was announced. I caved. Now I'm so happy I did.

Actually I'm super pissed because MacFarlane announced The Orville is going to Hulu. I already am paying for too much to get Hulu too.

6. outofplace

‘The Orville’ to Move From Fox to Hulu for Season 3

This shit is getting out of hand. I hadn't heard this until I read your post.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thor can be 5-foot-3 and 105 pounds, if Mjolnir is made out of Asgard Styrofoam.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Its such horseshit. I cant even wrap my head around the economics. The number of hardcore Treks that will pay has to be smaller than the potential audience growth of having a show on broadcast TV. With commercials for sale.

Pisses me off to no end. I already pay my cable company for CBS and its properties. You want to do some a la carte app for cord cutters go to town but if I have cable I should be able to log in and watch same as HBO and Showtime

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. outofplace

Clearly, they think it works for their bottom line. I just know they've got two shows for which I'm very much the target audience and they lost me as a viewer because I'm not paying for All-Access. I'm sure there are plenty of fans reacting the same way.

The same is now true of The Orville. I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but now I'm done with it.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I can't wait to read all the butthurt tweets about this.

11. outofplace

I believe you saw some of it above from Starman.

The female Thor should be interesting. I'm curious how they will pull it off. In the comics, Jane Foster was transformed physically when she used the powers of Thor. Maybe they will use CGI to make her look a little more the part?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember when Portman was in "Beautiful Girls (1996)," playing Timothy Hutton's forbidden 13-year-old crush, who teases him over the relatively towering Uma Thurman, and assures him, "oh, I'll be hot. I'll probably be 5-foot-10." But even by the time of the Star Wars movies it was obvious that wasn't happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted