1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So did we last night. Seemed larger than past seasons with larger issues (adolescence, changing mall culture) but still retaining the friendship bonds. (Love the Dustin/Steve one). Niggling complaint, some slow parts. Eleven gave a great performance, Emmy worthy.

JimmyHoward33 and Killick like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Robin and Steve in the bathroom will probably be one of the most iconic scenes, well, ever.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Steve is the best older friend you want as a kid right? I had/have an older cousin who was like that to me.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Took me until episode four to think “who is this chick playing Robin? I really like her!” And, of course, about 10 seconds on IMDb to see she’s the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. Real “Aha!” moment.

5. Aziz Ansari has a mew comedy special on Netflix. It's good.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Been watching Bosch — almost done with season 4. What a well acted show. Nearly all of the supporting players bring a lot to a little airtime.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How in the hell did Kyle Chandler miss out on an Emmy nom for Catch-22? Limited series is a loaded category for sure, but damn he WAS that show.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the third season of Master of None.

9. Season was 4 very good. I didn't have high hopes for it, I thought Season 3 was a little down.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They may have been mentioned when they came out, but I just found them on Adult Swim. Brett Gelman's shorts are fucking amazingly hilarious. If you watch them, watch them in this order: Dinner in America, Dinner with Family, and Dinner with Friends. They are some of the best comedy I have ever seen.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Am I the only Veronica Mars watcher on this board?

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t watch but my wife is extremely pissed off about the events of the new season.

Draft saved Draft deleted