1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hit Parade is a great podcast.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks for the find, listening to History of BGs is fascinating.

3. Webster

Surprised that Alan Sepinwall hasn’t gotten back into the podcast game since he landed at Rolling Stone. He was a must listen for me.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Added the BBC's Global News, trying to broaden my knowledge of the world.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend some good hockey podcasts? Thanks.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

31 Thoughts is the best one out there.

Spiting chicklets, although crude has the best interviews of players in all of sports. They get these guys relaxed and the players completely open up. The Nathan McKinnon interview was great, they also got Crosby to open up.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You wanna impress me? Get Toews to open up.

8. Webster

Wenders likes this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Seems like a good time to bump this thread up...

* I've been more into comedy and lighter podcasts lately, even before all this corona virus awfulness. Comedy Bang Bang is an improv podcast hosted by Scott Auckerman. He usually has one guest that's a comedian, acting as the straight person to an extent, and one or two "guests" that are playing characters. Like NBA legend Bill Waton (minute 54), or Pokemon trainer Dash Grabum.

* Doughboys - two comedians and a guest review chain restaurants.

* Newcomers - Comedians Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer watch Star Wars for the first time, and talk about it.

* And finally, shameless plug - I hosted a classic vidya game pod with two buddies, Your Parents Basement, and our final episode on Super Mario 64 went up today. (Two of us got new jobs that make recording much tougher - womp womp.)

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anything Malcolm Gladwell is involved with is usually good - except for his most recent attempt to pay the bills with a podcast entirely about how great Lexus is - pretty bad.

Webster likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

One I like is Cape Fear Unearthed.
    Unless you have a connection to the area, it probably won't mean much. It features legends and history of the Cape Fear region.

Draft saved Draft deleted