1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chevy Volt a Failure - GM to Layoff 1,300

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 2, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A neighbor a few blocks down has a Tesla. I didn't know this until yesterday when it was sitting in his driveway being worked on by a Tesla mechanic - who was driving a gas-powered Ford Transit.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Assuming Trump leaves after 2024, America will probably elect Musk.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yep. There are a ton of Teslas around here. I continually see their service vehicles -- Fords.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It took a while but the shorties are winning on Tesla. Musk is a fraud. Solar City and robotaxis are outright lies. He is broke, too.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If Tesla was indeed to collapse...how exactly would that work? It's not like Oldsmobile or Pontiac, which of course had a familial support system in place for their cars...it's more akin to the collapse of, say, Tandy Computer or some such. I mean, Teslas are as much an operating computer system as they are a mechanical vehicle. Are there enough on the road to warrant a network of repair centers? What about the chargers, particularly the ones in public places?

My heart goes out to the folks who bought in to the scam by shelling out tens of thousands on a vehicle whose brand has the lifespan of a moth.

‘Dark clouds over Fremont’: Tesla enters survival mode as stock price drops

Elon Musk’s growth story is looking more like a fable as Tesla Inc. enters survival mode.

Just over two weeks ago, Musk boasted to stock analysts and big investors that the company was on course to reach half a trillion dollars in market value. Since then, Tesla’s stock price has dropped 19.5%, vaporizing $8.8 billion in market value. The remaining $36-billion market capitalization is 7% of what Musk is telling the world Tesla will be worth.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The technology will be sold. It is not a functioning automobile manufacturer. It doesn't have parts to fix the cars it has sold, its quality control is atrocious, and its fixed costs are unsustainable for the number of cars it will ever sell.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hey, where did Ragu go? I tried the Search function,
    but it appears to be ... somewhat inoperable right now?

Was the Search function funded by Elon Musk? :confused:

JC likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted