1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grayson Allen strikes again -- twice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 13, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Grayson Allen with two cheap shots...in a summer league game that his team is losing by 25.
    Grayson Allen never learns his lesson
    How is it possible someone hasn't gone Kermit Washington on him yet?

Vombatus likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The best part of that clip is listening to Dan Dakich just absolutely shit all over Grayson Allen for a solid five minutes.

I suspect Allen will find himself playing in some foreign country this year and will quickly discover that they don't have a whole lot of patience for his kind.

wicked and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the day he cheap shots the wrong guy and gets his ass laid out.

Hope there's good video.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The league was so horrified my the Malice in the Palace that they created draconian suspensions for anything even remotely resembling a fight. It worked. Fighting completely disappeared.

The natural correction for Allen's behavior won't happen in the NBA. I suspect that's a moot point, though. I'll be surprised if he plays another game in the NBA.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that, in a summer league game, you also have a lot of guys hanging on by a thread or trying to make the league who are very reluctant to do anything that would put that kind of negative mark by their name. As much as Allen might deserve it, punching him in the face would probably be very costly for whoever did it.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

7EAB01E0-F01A-42FE-A447-9F178FA28DE1.jpeg

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Duke gonna Duke. He plays like he was coached to play in college.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

He’s lucky Grant Williams basically shrugged it off. Williams could have easily whipped his ass.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If only Grayson had played for one of the game’s greatest leaders in college, someone who could have taught him lessons that would’ve shape him while he was still malleable. What a bummer it is that he never crossed paths with a guy whose leadership branding is so strong it can sell high end credit cards.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Character. You have to have it to teach it.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How one of his Duke teammates didn’t choke that fucker out years ago is kind of amazing. Xavier McDaniel would have.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Grayson Allen is who I THOUGHT Lartner WAS (yeah true ignorance)

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted