1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Free speech for me not thee

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It is precisely what he thinks that free speech is. You can’t say bad stuff about me.

We’ve really fallen into this hole where there are no adults left.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

See, this is the sort of shit that Dems should be destroying him on. Each candidate for president should retweet with a “I agree, Mr. President, and when I defeat you in the 2020 election, I will be looking for ways to bring back the Fairness Doctrine, especially for Fox News and talk radio.”

Entire dumb talking point goes poof.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I read it circa 1992...lost its punch a little

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

A theory on trump’s insanity: one of the things i noticed is that the far right latches onto a few gaffes/distortions and turns them into mantras. Think Pocahontas for Warren, Benghazi!, Obama’s 57 states. I think trump just says so much crazy shit that the left can’t keep up and form its own mantra to drive home the point that he is horrible. Every day there is a new thing. So many, that you forget the earlier shit he says. That makes it easy for people to just say “economy is good” and not think about the evil. I don’t think it is intentional on his part, but maybe it is? This has been his schikt for decades. I remember as a kid in the 1980s thinking he was so cool because he talked big and was on tv all the time. By the early 1990s, I realized it was a hoax. However, the majority of people didn’t. Then they bought into the premise of the Apprentice...and here we are.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

it's his decision

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure. Another lie.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That is what, the ninth cabinet-level department to have the secretary depart Trump's administration? And there is still 18 months to go before the term ends. Unbelievable.

For comparison's sake, in the Obama cabinet, the only department to see a secretary depart in the first term (aside from Bush holdover Gates at Defense) was Commerce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.