1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

That's not what I said.

People can talk about TV in this thread because...I don't know... it's a TV thread? But, if one were talk a particular show and write a spoiler, the least he or she can do is put spoiler tags around it. It's not hard.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Gerald McRaney has been on all of my favorite shows from the last 15 years - West Wing, House of Cards, Justified, Deadwood, Southland, Jericho, really good in the third and final season of Shooter (on Netflix) and as mentioned up thread, Ray Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher in the gone too soon, Men of a Certain Age.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Nazis lost the war. Spoiler alert.

The show ended ten years ago, what’s the timeline on spoilers?

Joanie married Chachi. I apologize for ruining it.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

That's an interesting question with streaming services bringing back a lot of shows some viewers missed the first time around.

But once a season is over, and definitely when a series is over, it's fair game.

Batman, sgreenwell and lakefront like this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Surprised this has generated so much comment. What I wrote did not reveal anything, did not give away anything. Raven jumped in with a stupid, board-monitor response, trying to protect the world from a harmless post.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

After bombing Pearl Harbor?

Well, I never ...

Batman likes this.
  7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I gladly accept my role as spoiler police chief.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

OK, tell me what I spoiled.

JC likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Since I'm the one who spoiled it further, I'd also add that it is especially fair game for a show that's a decade old, and that anyone who's "serious" about TV has probably already seen. And even if you haven't seen it, it isn't a "major" plot point that you're likely to remember whenever you do start the show, because you saw one post on the Internet months ago.

MTM likes this.
  10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

No one tell me if Gilligan and company ever got off the island. One of these days, Netflix might add it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Are the TV movies Gilligan canon?

On a different note - I'm watching season 3 of Billions and some of the "references" Lester Hayes, Rush albums, Animal House, the Miracle on Ice etc. .make no sense from some of the people dropping them (too old or young) - but they are still appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus just finished Stranger Things. Damn that was fantastic. The Never-ending Story bit was excellent.

Killick and Cosmo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted