1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Twitter keeps identifying and removing the Russian bots who follow Trump. Unfair!

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

President reads sj.com?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Della9250

This is what the President of the United States thinks are nefarious activities

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't know why we can't have a centrist president for the country. It makes too much sense I suppose.

Liut, cyclingwriter2 and Driftwood like this.
  6. Della9250

I don't like flies either, grandpa

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I mean I could pilot the rocket ship myself. But I am very busy as you'd imagine. I am actually a great astronaut believe me. I went astronaut school. I have to mention that a lot or people won't give me credit. Going to the moon. Wouldn't that be something? I've heard that it is further away than Manila. And people say the moon is the Cadillac of stars. People come up to me all the time and say "Sir, we want to land on the moon before the Russians do. Can't you do something about that?" Well, I tell you what folks, I think we're gonna do that. How does that sound?"
    --President John F. Kennedy, Rice University, September 1962

Slacker likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for me, Super Stable Genius.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They don’t fall back on Leviticus. They barely know it. Driftwood’s anecdote of a 20/person church led by grandpa is not remotely the picture of evangelical America. Giant churches on the edge of town that are way too cozy with the free market at all costs? Yes. Sermon series are too topical vs. just going through a book? Oh yes. But there isn’t a ton of biblical literacy out there on the OT.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Good luck getting these people to read the bible with a little bit of context.
    I remember when Reggie White was trying to learn Hebrew so he could understand the book in its intended language.
    I admired that approach and still do.

Liut likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Because both parties believe that anyone who isn’t all in, must be evil.

Liut likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.