1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that scrimmage with the U14 boys team didn't happen.

Apparently he thinks gays should just be grateful they don't live in a country thst kills them and be ok with not being allowed to marry.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’ve missed John T Reed tweets

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It was one of FC Dallas' academy youth teams that beat them

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Still wrong about everything else though?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I haven't.

Webster, Inky_Wretch and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Three of the AFCON semifinalists will be -ias ... Nigeria, Tunisia, Algeria.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I had to turn off the Tunisia match. The audio was like five seconds off the action.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Huge, if true:

Big advances in Watford’s pursuit of Ismaila Sarr | Get French Football News

Would be a record transfer fee spend for Watford. Watched a little bit of YouTube on Sarr and his speed is insane. Pair him with Deulofeu and that's a pretty potent attack. Hornets also picked up Craig Dawson from West Brom to solidify the back line, and possibly the biggest addition is a subtraction that didn't happen: Doucoure looks like he's staying put. Thought for sure he was going to end up at PSG.

9. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

On April 2, 2017, FC Dallas U15 boys beat the USWNT 5-2 as the USWNT prepared for a friendly against Russia, according to CBSsports.com/soccer's Roger Gonzalez, citing FC Dallas's website. The Dallas site link from the CBS article doesn't seem to exist any more. The result shouldn't be too surprising - I've seen discussion that in other sports, the best women are about equal to the best high school sophomore boys, and that group of WNT players may not have played together as much as the Dallas boys or the coach may have been trying a new formation or something.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You catch hell for saying so, but women's football is fucking terrible. I didn't watch more than five minutes of any WWC game because I couldn't stomach it. There was something fun about its chaos and unpredictability, but I would think that any men's Div 1 team would beat the USWNT easily and would crush lesser opposition, which is most of the women's game right now. It should get better with time and investment and interest. But the gap between men and women is wild. I know that's true of most sports. It just seems especially wide in football. There is so much easy room for improvement.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Honestly I was surprised by result. I figured a good college mens team in any division would beat USWNT but also figured they’d beat decent U15s. An American MLS u15 team aint any great shakes on the world scale. Better than Podunk HS sure but still, u15s? Woof.

Draft saved Draft deleted