1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When's the Last Time You Were in an Actual Fight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jul 2, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Disneyland was always The cleanest place in Earth to me and up to two years ago still was (sadly kids are too old for it now). I love it.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

So, here's the sort of real-life situation that gives me pause.

Little guy, obviously upset at his lot in life, decides he's had enough in a bagel shop, and he goes off. He's yelling, causing a scene. He bumps up against one guy, asking if he wants to go outside. Guy doesn't. But then he points at another guy who... accepts the invitation.

Opinions? I feel like 24-year-old me would have steamed into him. Today's me... kind of feels sorry for him. These sorts of intersections are where and when violence and its efficacy become curious things to me.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And another stellar person recording it. Fucking people today.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He deserved every bit of it. Therese’s a simple way to not get punched in the mouth, keep it shut.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What did this stellar person do wrong?

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The last fistfight I was in was in my senior year in high school. We used to have keggers after our football games and some dude at our party was giving his girlfriend some shit, verbal and borderline physical. He was holding a glass mug in his hand and I slapped it out of his hand (lest he tried to glass me) before I cold-cocked the bastard. Yes, I was drunk, but to this day I feel I did the right thing.

(My second use of the word "kegger" tonight.)

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Opinion - I kinda feel sorry for him but feel like he deserved what he got at the same time. That’s assuming he didn’t get punched at all, which I don’t think he did. If the big guy at the end punched him that’s bullshit, but I don’t blame him for tackling the little guy.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Let me take the opposing argument.

What this guy needs most is a hug. A kind word.

There's something incredibly telling in the quote 'you're not God or my father.' Kind of heartbreaking if you think about it.

He's a lost, angry, self-loathing soul, overwhelmed in this moment by his burdens, who needs love more than anything.

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

He also makes that comment about "women don't like me because I'm short," which apparently dominates his self-talk so much that it comes up at the bagel store. That made me sad for him, even if he seems to have personality issues that make him a less-than-appealing life partner.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I imagine this prick acts like this all the time.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He does

Chris Morgan

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'm 6'6" and one of my best friends in college was 5'2". No matter how many doorway concussions, uncomfortable flights or limited clothing selections I've experienced, I would never want to trade places with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted