1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was reading about The Odd Couple, the original TV show and it said the show was cancelled more or less every season, only brought back due to strong summer rerun ratings. I know networks tried to uncancel WKRP and a few other shows in the 70s under similar circumstances - it just makes me remember when summer reruns were actually watched at some point.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's Edgar on Bosch, Marlo on The Wire.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

One of the best villains, if you can even consider him one in the context of The Wire.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

IIRC, Rolling Stone named him the No. 2 villain in TV history.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Are shows even rerun in the summer any more? Seems most networks run game shows, reality series and summer-specific series these days.

Most dramas are serialized, so it makes it difficult to pick and choose single episodes.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I wasn't much for Snoop, but he and Chris Partlow were such interesting characters portrayed by excellent actors.

7. Severian

Snoop was just as evil. How about that episode with her in the hardware store?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She was evil, but I didn’t get a lot more from her character except that.

One issue that I always had with Chris is that, with Snoop dead, why would he plead guilty to all of the vacant murders?

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watched the first three episodes today. Enjoyed it.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wee-Bey does the same thing. I think that sort of the 'honor' thing among the streets is that if they pin one on you, fall on the others for the sake of the crew. Even among contract killers and soldiers, Wee-Bey and Chris are portrayed as having a sort of "honor" - as does Omar, Brother Mouzone and Slim Charles - that parallels with the officers chasing them. (i.e. Some play it straight and hunt the gangsters by the rules, while others bend and break them as needed.)

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And even by Netflix standards, one sex scene was a bit over the top.

12. Severian

FTFY. Spoiler tags, my dude.

Draft saved Draft deleted