1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Oh, no, no, no, no.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Big Lebowski is one of my all-time favorite movies. But of that entire world, Turturro wants to flesh out the pederast's tale?

[​IMG]

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Maiden

Highly recommended.

All women’s entrant into the 1989 Whitbread around the world sailing race.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Dead Zone. It did not age well, and Walken was miscast. Definitely not one of the Stephen King novels that turned out to be good on film.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh...disagree.

6. The Electric Mist ... a few years old.... A Not-good B movie with Tommy Lee Jones as a La. Parish det.; John Goodman as supposed mobbed up Hollywood producer; a still attractive Mary Steenburgen; the chick who played Busecmi's wife in Boardwalk Empire and the guy who played Hopper in Stranger Things.
    Skip it.

7. William Pitts

William Pitts New Member

Fat Man & Little Boy. A loose dramatization of the building of the atomic bomb. It's...okay, though not 100% historically accurate. (In the movie, the Los Alamos criticality accident involved one guy instead of two, and before the end of the war.)

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Saw it last night. Thought it was fantastic. Tons of fun. Action was crazy. I have a hard time ranking Marvel movies but I'm having a hard time not putting this top five at the moment.

Scout and garrow like this.
  9. swingline

Tombstone. Val Kilmer's best performance by a mile.

I'm your huckleberry.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Old Man and the Gun. Hadn't heard of it but found on HBO. Redford being Redford, a decent flick and based on a true story. And with Casey Affleck, who is solid in just about everything.

Cool note in the bonus video that I didn't know -- Redford has had the same stuntman dating to Butch Cassidy, an old high school classmate. Very strong resemblance and they're great friends.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ice Man disagrees

12. swingline

Ice Man is wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted