1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Shit, it’s been a while. And I was a bit drunk.

Cosmo likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished Stranger Things 3. Terrific. It’s not high art or anything, but just fun and loaded with nostalgia.

FYI, if you watch it, there’s a credits scene after the final episode that is important for the next (and perhaps) final season.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Alec Baldwin will be the next Celebrity Roastee on Comedy Central. Too bad there isn't much material to mine.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Plot twist: Trump gets on the show and offers his own roasting of Baldwin.

5. Severian

After several months, I finally finished Halt and Catch Fire. What a great a show.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If Comedy Central was smart, they'd put the roast up against a Democratic debate and indeed invite Trump on...he'd probably take it.

7. Severian

Unless he has an issue with Comedy Central, which he likely does, he'd probably attend, just to boost his ego.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s natural murder police.

On a related note, it is strange seeing Marlo on Bosch playing the nerdier sidekick

9. DanOregon

I was thinking of Men of a Certain Age - tremendous show on TNT. It's hard enough to keep up with current shows, but if you're looking for something kind of off-beat - without cops or conspiracies, dragons or criminals - give it a shot.

lakefront likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  11. DanOregon

The cussing was distracting since it went from zero to 100. I thought the producers cleaned up a lot of storylines (the FBI agent and others), but I'd love it if they incorporate the criticism of the cussing into the show - some magazine article mentions it and Kirkman addresses it in a meeting.

12. Severian

Thanks for the reccomendation, but, after watching the trailer and reading a quick summary, I think I'll pass. At the baseline, watching a TV show with Ray Ramono as the lead does not interest me.

Draft saved Draft deleted