1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Stop enabling Barstool's shit"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 6, 2019.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Might even be a jumbo shwimp.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Saw the profile done by Soledad O'Brien for Bryant Gumbel's "Real Sports" on HBO. Guy seems like a real peach.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

On more than one occasion that female CEO seemed to bite her tongue before defending Portnoy. But the money's great, so keep on shoveling the b.s. about how he's on-brand and blah blah blah.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

From journalism/production standpoint, shouldnt they have run at least 30 secs of the interview with the Ria kid?

Knowing that cutting it entirely gives an easy piece of criticism for the Minihanes of the world to latch on to and invalidate the entire piece, seems very foolish to leave that door wide open

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As much as I could watch Soledad O'Brien all day the most interesting story on that episode was Don Nelson growing weed.

garrow and FileNotFound like this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

SI wrote that story a few years ago, but agreed. Nellie is very happy, and very hairy.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread, but would you have believed me if I'd told you in 1987 that the guy in the fish tie would have his own weed farm?
    [​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I sure would.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The dude wore fish ties, so … yeah.

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. The looks on Soledad O'Brien's face were priceless. For both Portnoy and her.

Much more important to convince people that you're about promoting the product, truth or principles be damned.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted