1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NBA offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I realize there is some redundancy after the Gallinari acquisition, but I have to wonder if the teardown is underway in OKC. Even as a backup, Grant would be valuable.

Denver obviously thinks so.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The thunder has rid themselves of a shitload of salary this past week.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Time to start over. Move Westbrook too, if there are takers.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

I tried ignoring Abbot last year. I don't hate the guy, he just posts the dumbest shit, the dumbest memes, and doubles down the dumb on the NBA thread.
    But the site runs funky when you ignore someone, because people are responding to something you can't see. At the end, it's not worth the hassle.

6. poindexter

RJ Barrett has looked like complete garbage in his first two Summer League games. Shooting just over 20% with a ton of turnovers. Small sample, yada yada.

I still can't figure out the attraction in this guy. The best I could ever find was "He was ranked higher than Zion in high school."

Tweener likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait. Second round pick Jerami Grant (who the fuck is he?) makes $9.3M a year (yep, I looked it up. Yep, I still never heard of him).

I just love how the NBA's players run the league.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you've never heard of Jerami Grant, I'd question how much you watch the NBA. Harvey's his dad; Horace is his uncle.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And the threads no longer make sense because everyone is responding to posts you can no longer see. That made ignoring YF impossible.

It's the high school thing. He just isn't that good. If I had the number three pick I would have been desperate to trade down.

11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yep. The No. 4 player on one of the top 10 teams is the 146th-highest paid player in the league. Sheer madness.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Good point, people look at a salary in a vacuum, without considering how much the NBA as a whole generates. Yes, someone like Grant should get that money because he's contributing to that huge pie. Also, I will never understand why people fault the recipient (player), not the party that's offering the $$ (billionaire owner(s)).

Draft saved Draft deleted