1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Loved Broadchurch.

Started Years and Years on HBO. First episode is well done and damn depressing.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We started watching "Strange Things" on Netflix Thursday night. After the first couple of episodes thought it might be campy 80s scifi sthick, but no ...

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The show is OK. What I hate more than the show is the rapid fandom.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It seemed like a typical Stephen King book/movie when I watched season 1. I think, at the time, I googled to see if he had anything to do with it. With so much other stuff to watch. I never bothered with 2.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m on season three episode five and it’s fantastic. The first episode is choppy but, holy shit, does it start hitting some epic stride.

It’s worth going through seasons 1 and 2, which are good, do you can enjoy this season.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Episode six kept the ball rolling.

It makes me feel very good that Uma Thurman’s kid is in this.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Finished Stranger Things s3 in about 24 hours - really stellar stuff, probably my favorite of the three seasons out there, narrowly edging out s1. At least to me, s3 is more cohesive and coherent than the first two seasons, especially the second one where they were taking weird diversions. It probably isn't an award-winner for anyone, because it isn't really doing anything new - It is just playing the hits, tapping into that 80s / small town nostalgia, about as well as you can possibly do it, since pretty much all of the actors involved are hitting the right notes. (And as everyone who's seen it has noted, the nice addition to the cast this year is Maya Hawke, daughter of Ethan and Uma Thurman.)

8. LOVED Stranger Things season 3. Easily my favorite! Easily!!
    So much 80s, so, so much ... the whole season was like Red Dawn meets The Mist.

Also getting into LetterKenny on Hulu. I can only watch it in short doses. The characters are all a bit heavy and they really like to beat a gag too death, revive it and beat it to death again. Hockey Bros are my favorite.

I tried Killing Eve. Terrible. Sorry, but it was far-fetched crap. Really disappointed. Got 3 episodes in and quit.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If you are noticing the line at Burger King is longer or that 7/11 is out of cherry Slurpees, and strawberry is running low, there is a reason.

Who is streaming The Neverending Story right now?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two episodes in on Stranger Things, season 3. Really excellent so far.

Evil ... I loved season 1 of Killing Eve and the first three-four episodes of season two, then it started really spinning its wheels. Did not love the end at all, outside of the beautiful shots of Rome in the S2 finale. Can't imagine it goes more than one more season.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Jim from The Office is good, and it has Bunny from The Wire. I’m about four episodes in.

It’s more nuanced than Muslims bad/Americans good, which helps. I’m interested to see how it unfolds through the end of this first season.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's Bunk. Don't disrespect the Bunk!

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted