1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I believe so. Thank God.

2. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the way I interpreted that. Mysterio was definitely from the same "616" Earth, and was lying about sending the elementals back as part of his backup plan to frame Spidey. There didn't seem to be anything that really was from an "883" Earth at all.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The scuttlebutt online is that while Mysterio was lying, that doesn't mean that the multi-verse isn't real, because we suddenly have JK Simmons playing a different version of J. Jonah Jameson.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really need to learn to do the spoiler thing. Actually, I think somebody did explain it to me before, but I forgot.

I think you are correct in that it is still possible. (I won't say what it is for fear of spoiling it.)

I saw it Far From Home tonight. I thought it was a fun take on Mysterio. Zendaya is actually very good, though that character still doesn't seem much like any version of M.J. from the comics. It is mildly irritating, but minor point. Kinda like taking a character who is pretty much Ganke, Miles Morales's best friend and confidant from the comics, and slapping the name Ned Leeds on him.

It is a good story with some genuinely funny moments. The acronym gag is my favorite. Both scenes after the credits start to roll are absolute musts. If you haven't seen it yet, do not leave early. The wait is annoying, but worth it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw Far From Home tonight. Enjoyed the hell out of it. I always like when they tie obscure MCU characters from the early movies into the later ones, especially when it showcases the tiny ripple effects of these massive world-changing events, so this one was kind of fun. I might have to go back and rewatch for those scenes now.
    I do have another end credits question, too.

I haven't seen Captain Marvel, so is the appearance of the Skrulls just a goofy ending, or is it setting up for something much, much bigger? Like an indication that the next phase of the MCU will be a take on the Secret Invasion storyline?

6. outofplace

Would someone please remind me how to do the spoiler thing?

That bit would make more sense if you had seen the movie you mentioned not seeing.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Highlight the text you want to put under the Spoiler tag. Go to the "insert" button on the toolbar. Click it, then put a label for your spoiler in there.
    Or, alternately, just type spoiler and /spoiler in brackets at the end of that section, just like you would a quote or link.

And it looks like I'll have to see that movie eventually. I have a bad habit of missing the February releases. I still haven't seen Black Panther, either.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Lol

That’s why you needed to Captain Marvel.

It does seem like the Kree will play a large part of the next 10 years.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted