1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most questionable reason you ever broke up with you someone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Jul 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

About five years ago, I was dating this very attractive Indian woman -- dot, not feather -- who was in her early 30s. I was about 40, so I was definitely outkicking my coverage. I was newly divorced and not really looking for anything long term, but we definitely had a good connection and shared quite a bit in common. What bothered me was that she was prematurely gray. She had luscious black hair, but streaks of gray.

We'd been going out for maybe a month or two when she said she was going to her stylist to get her hair done. Great, I said. She'll finally get rid of her gray hair.

She didn't. She just got her hair cut.

She had said at one time about her gray -- because I never asked about why someone that young didn't color it -- that she had earned it.

*Sigh*

I couldn't get beyond it. It bothered me. Here was an attractive early 30s woman who looked like a late 40s woman who had just given up. I lost interest.

I know it's a questionable reason to break up someone, but I also feel like it wasn't my place to tell her to groom herself differently. I just kind of let the relationship die on the vine. When I broke up with her, I gave vague reasons about just not feeling it, etc. I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

So, what's the most questionable reason you've broken up with someone -- or someone has broken up with you?

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

One girl thought I got into too many fights.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One girl I dated kept using “should of” and had an excessive apostrophe problem.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Man, Boogie, who are you? Seinfeld?

I've definitely given kind of lame reasons to break something off, but that's usually to conceal not really wanting to drop something bigger. Like, if we were dating for two or three weeks, no reason to be brutal and say, "You're fucking awful in bed, this isn't going to work out." (And, I thank all of the people who gave me the boot first for doing the same.)

5. CD Boogie

If this chick had man hands, I would have never made it a week.

6. typefitter

Grounds for divorce.

I have a friend who broke up with a girl because she didn’t think owls could fly. She was a teacher.

Vombatus, swingline and expendable like this.
  7. CD Boogie

How long had they been dating? Had she shown other instances of abject idiocy? I'm guessing yes.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It would’ve (of) never gotten to divorce, because it got nowhere near marriage. Too bad, because she was “recliner freaky”.

9. typefitter

OMG. Recliner freaky. Put it in the SJ Style Guide, stat.

exmediahack and expendable like this.
  10. typefitter

They lasted a few months. She was very pretty. But the grounded owls and the wrong version of “You’re” in a birthday card—“Your special to me”—sealed her fate.

expendable likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

Jesus, I hope he contacted the school and got her fired, too.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got tired of driving her family around on weekends; her sisters (in 30s) only drove to work and back and didn't want to drive on the freeways so I had to be the driver on the weekends to family gatherings, etc. I don't regret it, I found my soulmate, but (knowing what I know now) that was stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted